Tank mix 3/Way and Drive

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by redbuckcavs, Jul 2, 2009.

1. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Anyone try tank Mixing 3/way and Drive with the PG Magnum? We have a Football Field that was reseeded in early May. As you can imagine it has a ton of weed pressure with crabgrass

2. CHARLES CUE

CHARLES CUE LawnSite Silver Member

Have never done it in a Z but i mix that in a backpack sprayer with no problem if your worried about compatibly take a qt of water and mix in your 3way and drive for a jar test
    Charles Cue

3. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I tank mixed momentum fx, drive, and barricade the other day. I was at the property I sprayed last week; today. Everything looks nice and weeds are on their way down. I never sprayed Drive before so I was a little afraid of how hot it might be.

4. Young Bros

Young Bros LawnSite Senior Member

I heard of Q4 working thru an Ultra.

5. EVM

EVM LawnSite Senior Member

I did not spray out of a PG though, just a skid sprayer. I think a friend of mine uses drive with a broadleaf weed control out of his PG. You might want to use the broadleaf at the lowest rate on the label.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Mecamine D and Drive with MSO mixes just fine.

7. LIBERTYLANDSCAPING

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I'll second that one:usflag:

Q4 is great-IF you have Nutsedge, as well... Otherwise 3-way & Drive is less costly:rolleyes:

8. goodie001

goodie001 LawnSite Member

I would Apply a 3 way with the magnum not the Drive. I don't think the plants would get wet enough to justify the cost of Drive. I would apply the the Drive with a wand spray with 1.5 ounces of wetting agent (AG 90) per 1000 sq. ft. Will take more time but have better results and less material cost.

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

The Drive label specify .55 oz MSO per. m.

10. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

My supplier tells me Q4 is just 3-way plus drive. IDK