1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tank Mixes

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by PC29, Aug 22, 2007.

1. PC29

PC29 LawnSite Member

I'm doing some research on herbicides and find that lawn care service companies like to tank mix fertilizer and herbicides together before spreading. Can anyone tell me what are some of the common tank mixes in the business and the dosages used for both the fertilizer and herbicide?
  2. ToniDavies

ToniDavies LawnSite Member

Try calling Plant Products they are out of Brampton, Ontario 1-800-387-2449 or Outdoor Supplies from Hamilton, Ontario 1-800-661-8708. They both sell chemicals and fetilizers and either company will be able to answer your question.
  3. golfguy

golfguy LawnSite Member

I throw Dicamba in on just about every fairway and tee application I make at ..7ml/1000. Over the course of 358,000 square feet we are talking 250mL of product. The dicamba flat out smokes clover and slowly works away on plantain.
  4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

3/8 gallons per acre of 3-way plus 10 to 15 gallons per acre of liquid fertilizer.

This is merely a rough idea. Hope this helps. p.s. Use high quality liquid fert to avoid tip burn.
  5. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

We've got a site where the morning glories have REALLY taken over, climbing
    into the Hydrangeas, etc. Any ideas? Thanks, M