Tank Owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kdt64, Sep 5, 2007.

1. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Hello All, I am thinking of ordering a new Cub M60 tank to replace my Husqvarna 26HP/54in garden tractor. From all the posts I have read it sounds like a excellent cutting machine. Now my yard is only 3 years old plus it's 2 1/2 acres and I am still in a battle with the weeds, clover and crabgrass, which my tractor has a hard time with. Can the Tank take it with out getting clumped up like my tractor does, I have had a ton of rocks in the yard and am getting rid of them as fast as I see them and they have been a nightmare on my blades. I keep changing the blades and sharping them but the tractor still clumps and misses grass. It has been in the shop 3 times in the year that I have owned it, they tell me that I am cutting the grass when it is wet and I am not. They also tell me it the weeds causing the clumping, because they are wetter to cut than grass. I guess my question is would I have the same trouble with a 29HP M60 Tank? Also can someone tell me of a good all around great weed killer that will do the job.

Ken

2. nix15

nix15 LawnSite Member

I think you'll be happy with the Tank. I have the 23 horse 54" and it's a good machine. My only gripe is about the leaf blower. It's certainly not of commercial quality. I wonder if anyone else has had a problem with the induction blower?

3. Ron Marston

Ron Marston LawnSite Member
    from Maine

im getting the cub cudet enforser 48 and i tryed it out in wet 5 in grass and it cut like butter you sould be set im going to use that for my buseness in march 08

4. kdt64

kdt64 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

I picked my Tank M60 a week ago and I have not time to use it and it is killing me. We have not had much rain so the grass has not grown at all, we got a little rain for the last two day so I have hope that it will be soon. My Uncle has a Tank with 23 HP on it, he loves it. I have wanted a Tank since I saw his. I was looking at the Enforcer at the dealer and it looks like a good machine. You guys have any pictures of your Tanks.

5. Ron Marston

Ron Marston LawnSite Member
    from Maine

yes rain helps lol grass grows 1 to 5 in a week hear (ME) WHEN REALLY HOT burns up if short cut at 3 in well at least i do