Tank vs Kubota

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kELTIC, Apr 10, 2006.

1. kELTIC

kELTIC LawnSite Member

Anyone have an opinion on M48-KW Tank vs ZG20? I'm real new to ZTRs but think this small company is gonna go this way, your experiences with these mowers would be great. Also searched about them on this site, anywhere else I can look? Thanks in advance, Fred

2. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

Dont know much about the kubota, but I can testify the cub is a great machine.

3. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

I'm backing you up Toad...... We have 3 of them and they are GREAT mowers!!!

4. jason_2005lawnman

jason_2005lawnman LawnSite Member

the cub is a great mower to go with, cant go wrong.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm experienced with both. (ZG23 54" and 60" Cub/Lesco)
    Both are good mowers....
    But get the Cub.

6. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

The ZG is a Homeowner unit. I don't think it can stand up to hard commercial use. Go with the Cub. I haven't herd a whole lot of negative things about them.

7. kELTIC

kELTIC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info, my more local dealer is the cub so....looking at the specs it looks like the 54" might be better, some heavier components. These mowers are pretty heavy, how do they handle wet/soft area vs a lawn tractor? Cheers FMK

8. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I can tell you Ive had my cub in some of the mudiest conditions known to man.Just when you think your gona get stuck she'll pull ya through. The tires are turf masters, found on most z turns, they provide great flotation and traction . I got mine stuck so bad one time I had to use a six wheeler to retrieve it.

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have one of ours stuck maybe 2 times a year. We have always been able to hook onto it with another tank and get it out. They are great about floating on soft areas though. I can put our 72" on hills that it's hard to walk up!!:cool2: