TANK / ZTwo (owners) bagging / mulching ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, I was just curious what some of you guys who own these machines do for leaf season?

If you mulch, what blades are working best for you and where are you getting them?
    What is "your" method of mulching? Side discharge, OCDC or mulch kit...

If you catch/bag the leaves, what catcher are you using and what blades?

2. Envy Lawn Service

Where are you guys?

3. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the world went to Kentucky....

4. Ninja lawn mowing

Ninja lawn mowing LawnSite Member

Their sure not in Michigan, were all moving out of the state

5. Envy Lawn Service

Oh... is it time for EXPO?

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I use the mulch kit, with the wave blades, but I also have some gators. I can't really see a differance between the two. I also have a preco type collection system, I usually mulch, then suck them up with the collection system.

7. Envy Lawn Service

Thanks Wriken,

I had some really severe leaf work to do last fall... I mean severe... and I really never had an opportunity to get "dialed in" where I wanted to be with mulching them.

I mean I did it, but it was rough with severe dust and took more passes sometimes. A few of them I just pulled the kit, slapped on the gators and discharged them.

With the 3/4" center hole there just isn't a lot of blade choices. So I ended the season not knowing if I just didn't find the best setup... or if this longer blade decks just do not destroy the leaves like the RPM's of a 16" blade turning the same high tip speed.

I don't have the worst of the leaf accounts anymore (thankfully) and god bless the morons that will be dealing with all those for way less than what I did... LOL...

Anyways, where do you get all your blades that you run all during the season?
    Seems like maybe you found another supplier?

As for the Protero catchers... which one? The Protero I found for it online is the "18" unit and looks to be of high impact plastic. But there are no mounting pictures. I'd like to know what they look like mounted.... and I would like to know what they cost. Never seen them at a dealer here or anything.

The only catchers I have seen on these units are the aluminum Peco type vacs and I've seen a few pictures of the factory 3-bagger.

8. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

9. Envy Lawn Service

Thanks Wriken, good price on those blades.

Didn't find a price on the M-60 though.
    Do they sell mowers too?

As for the spindle drive Peco vacs... what do they cost "round-about"?

I'm working on another idea or two in order to expand our blade selection quite a bit.
    If it works out right, I'll be sure to share info.

10. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member