1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Tarco spreaders?

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by snow, Aug 31, 2000.

1. snow

snow Guest

Well, on vacation, we were driving through saratoga springs,NY and went by what looked to be a town yard. we stopped by and it turned out to be tarrant mfg (the makers of highlander/tarco spreaders). they had like 30 spreaders there, along with some boss plow (they're a distributor for them) and some leaf vacs. they also have this neat combo called 'the snowfighters package' or something like that. it's a ford 550, diesel, auto, 9' sno-king (viking) plow, and their 8.5' all seasons body. the brochure didn't have a price, but i looked at the truck and it looked pretty nice. all the control were between the seats, all in reach of the driver. our town uses all highlander spreaders. so here is my question- does anyone here use them? i haven't read that anyone does? has anyone heard of them?

2. Alan

Alan Member

I used a Tarco last winter, stuck in the back of the 5500. This one was the Highlander Jr., 1.8 yd or some such size. Worked fine, has a removable spinner that isn't the most convenient but better than having it fixed in place to get wrecked.
  3. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Dont know about spreaders, but their leaf vacs are a big hit with municipalities around here (central CT)