Target-Canada

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Dr.NewEarth, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Dr.NewEarth

Dr.NewEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

Any-one done work for this company?

Do they pay on time? Were there any problems with managers etc.?

They've been sending me e-mails and want me to do an RFP-request for proposal for landscaping services and snow removal.

I personally don't like getting involved with companies that aren't in the same jurisdiction as my business. It makes it harder to put liens on them if they default.:blob2:

By the way, I'm located in Vancouver Canada and their head office is in Minneapolis, MN.

2. Dr.NewEarth

I guess that no response is a good sign for this companies reputation.

3. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Just email them back if your not interested. Since you have already stated that this company is not in your jurisdiction and your concerned about weather or not you can place a lien for what ever reason, WALK AWAY. My accounts only pay in advance. You will never be able to make any actuall net income taking care of Box stores.
    easy-lift guy

4. Dr.NewEarth

Thanks for the reply. I contacted them and told them that their "sixty days net" is not acceptable and is contrary to the laws pertaining to filing a builders lien in my jurisdiction.

Alot of the big box stores from the U.S. are coming into Canada because we have such a strong dollar.

5. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Net-60!, at least they have a sence of humor.
    easy-lift guy
    Posted via Mobile Device