Target your advertising

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ScCo, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

I may be throwing out an idea that is "old hat" to some of you, but if it helps out a couple of people, then I figure it's worth the space to make the post.

If you want to target your mailed advertising, you can go to www.whitepages.com and do a reverse address lookup where you can simply insert the street name you want to target into the search query and it will list all the homeowners and their addresses for you to copy and save to your records.

It works great for getting your mailed advertising to the areas you want to focus on so that you can keep consolidated routes and not be wasting your time mailing to neighborhoods you don't desire to work in.

Again, many of you have probably already thought of it, but maybe it'll be useful to a few of you.

Good Luck,

---SC

2. Anthony-MB

Anthony-MB LawnSite Member
    from georgia

hey thanks just tried it out for my street.
    interesting that it only showed the owner occupied names and address
    5 showed up - however there are 16 homes - 11 of them are renters

still helpful

3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I put my address in and it listed me....5 times! Depending on how big a list you would want to compile, it would be more efficient to purchase a list.

4. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

Or go to your local property appraiser web site. It will pull up all residences in a neighborhood, street, whatever you want. And it has the current owner how long they have lived there, what they paid all kinds of cool info.

5. Kempton Cutter

Kempton Cutter LawnSite Member

I use white pages too. Only problem it only shows people with listed phone numbers. Intelius.com is a database that shows magazine prescriptions, moving permits, etc. shows alot more information, and lists closer to 95% of people residing on a street.

6. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

ScCo,
    thanks! Very helpful.

7. ScCo

ScCo LawnSite Senior Member

thanks for throwing in some other sources too guys. since most of us are far away from each other that we aren't any competition for each other, it's good to see what we can do to help each other pick up work in the areas that we would most prefer to work.

8. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Do you use them?

Is there a free link that I missed?

9. Kempton Cutter

Kempton Cutter LawnSite Member

I do use it to verify my mailing list. type in intelius.com, click on address, enter street name, city, state and click search. There is alot of repeat addresses on their (if someone subcribes to more than one magazine etc.) and it is not sorted very well so some addresses appear more than once.