targeted advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by SellOut, Aug 12, 2005.

1. SellOut

SellOut LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

after you advertise in a neighboorhood how long until you go back and hit it up again?

2. MrFangs

MrFangs LawnSite Member
    from Zone 8

I haven't started, yet, so I can't actually answer; but I know some who advertise yearly and some that advertise monthly. I would also like to know.

If you advertise monthly, is that a waste of money? I mean, do you actually get anybody new after a couple months?

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

No sooner than 7 days .
    As often as possible

4. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

I'd say do it at most 2 times a season (direct mailing that is). I'd recommend getting in the yellow pages, that's where the action seems to be around here.

5. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

Once a week for 2 months , the more the better

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

around here we got SO many neighborhoods (250 thousand households total, thou not ALL have yards) there is not much reason to not just go from one to the next without repeating oneself for a long, long time. As a general rule MOST calls from flyers will come in within the next 7-10 days or so, thou a call can come in even years later but those ARE few and far in between.
    Now the one time I might repeat myself is if I got a really good response from a particular area. Over time, however, I got tired of doing all that work for the response and found it more cost-effective to advertise in the newspaper / yellow book / yellow pages (one or the other or a combo).

7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi SellOut,

One thing you could consider is changing your advertisement offer. Tweak it a little and see if you get a better return.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates. Free Invoice Background Template Graphics.</center>