1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Targeting Duplexes?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JohnnyCuts, Apr 22, 2008.

1. JohnnyCuts

JohnnyCuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

Newb here. One of my first customers has a rental in 1 unit of a duplex. Grass was left long so I mowed it right away which was a week or two ahead of most. Mow, trim, blow (didn't edge) took me solo less than 10 minutes. We have areas around here that are all duplexes. I realize that alot are rentals etc but several accts close together could really pay off. I'm thinking of some kind of "duplex special", $20 for one unit or $30 (or 25/35 whatever works) if the other unit or surrounding neighbor signs up. Bandit signs that the landlord would see and doorknob hangers. Anyone try to target duplexes?
  2. thethrill

thethrill LawnSite Member
    Male, from North Arkansas

I am literally just started and know a lot of people that own rental property, I gave 2 bids yesterday for one property, ( 2 duplex's backing each other, mow and weed eat for $45. And another set of duplex's side by side for $50. Good luck