Tarp system for Dump truck

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassman50, Oct 17, 2001.

1. grassman50

grassman50 Banned

Hi, i have a truck that i use for landscaping, a 95 dodge 1 ton dually, cummins diesel with a 8 foot crysteel dump box with fold down sides. I was wondering if any of you have an idea about a tarp that i could use to put over the top of it. I really need one for the fall when i haul leaves and grass and stuff. I checked on a price for one and i got a qoute for like seven hundred dollars. Just seemed kinda steep. Any body have an idea or a picture of one. Cause i wouldnt have a problem building one. well, any help would help me greatly. thanks guys!!

2. Do you haul leaves with a sucker, or with a tarp / pitchfork? If you are using a sucker, why not build a chip box?

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Mesh Truck Covers,

They are 14' wide by the length you need. Work real good. Call J. Lamco, Inc. for further info, (302) 422-7531........

Gene

4. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

Check the yellow page for awning co.'s. There's one around here that will make any size and shape you need.

Alot of guys in my area make giant bows out fo conduit and just pull a large tarp over it. Then you have the ones that build plywood boxes that are taller than the truck is wide. It's quite a site around here in the fall.

5. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

gene noticed that the number is a area code 302, u have an address? never heard of them

6. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

stslawncare,

Delmarva Textile Co Inc 302-422-7531
    254 N Rehoboth Blvd
    Milford, DE 199631304

This is the information your looking for.

7. 99SDPSD

99SDPSD LawnSite Member

I purchased a Donavan tarp kit that i installed myself. It came with all the parts needed. I did make some modifications so that the handle folds flat against the cab shield. did not use the factory brackets instead mounted it right in the cab shield so it has a low profile. It also came with a handy pull bar that goes in the end of the tarp and has rollers on it slide down the sideboards over the load. The kit cost and modification I did to it cost me about $400.00 .

8. Alan

Alan Member

I'm not sure just how you would incorporate any rollup tarper with a a body that has folding sides. I'm in the same situation with my 5yd and I've settled on a tarp that is permanently attached to the cab guard and has bungies crimped into the D ringts so it's relatively easy to unroll and hook down. The other problem is that rollup tarps don't do anything for weather protection for a load and really don't cover enough to prevent blowout of material. They meet legal requirements for cover and that's about it.