taskeasy

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by nlmct, May 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been approached by some "companies" that want 100 plus pictures of a simple grass cut.... I don't get how you can even do that and it's like you said Patriot, they have all these requirements as a way to trip you up so that you don't get paid, but you can bet you behind they are still billing the mortgagee. I snap 20 photos of each grass cut and can upload them at a rate of about 2 properties a minute when I get back to the office.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Out of curiosity, have you guys looked at the site Nick is referring to?

3. Greg78

I never seen a site referenced?
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. nlmct

nlmct LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

they called me about a property in west hartford there based out of utah, they also have a app i downloaded the app,it gave me a schedule of when i cut the lawn and i have to take 2 pics to start the job and then i submit the pics then i suposedly get paid, the sketchy part to me is they want to pay me thru direct deposit i told them i wouldnt do that so they told me they would send a check for the first cut then if i feel there secure do direct deposit. i cant find anything baout this company besides there accredited by the better business bureua sorry about the miss spelling

5. tonygreek

The company is referenced in the opening post. Y'all are having a fairly different conversation than what the OP asked about. He's asking about a company that's along the lines of a RedBeacon, ThumbTack, or Angie's List, albeit one where the homeowner pays for the service directly to the lead generator and then the lead generator sources the contractor and rations out a share of the money.

(I'm not big on dropping links to unknown companies. The SEO value of this site, and Google's ultra-rapid indexing of it, dissuade me from giving that kind of credibility to a company I known very little about.)

6. tonygreek

What is their pay rate to you versus what you would normally charge for the same property?

7. nlmct

from ct

i would charge 40 and im suposed to get 36.12

8. Greg78

Okay I checked out the company in question. Not something I'd do unless the pay was better than I could get going direct to the customer as now you have to deal with home owner and this company.

9. tonygreek

I'm stunned by that high of a cut (like, shocked). I don't see anything wrong in giving it a shot. Is it a one-time mow or did the client go with recurring service? Only real risk is a slow/no pay, especially if a recurring service and you've got a couple/few mows on the line.

10. nlmct

from ct

the lawn would be cut once a week,and i have a lawn 4 mins from this one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.