1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by davis45, Aug 26, 2008.

1. davis45

davis45 LawnSite Senior Member

Lets not start a big argument on this post please! I have tattoo's on my back and legs, all covered with Jeans and T-Shirt. I was looking to get one on my forearm, how would this effect meeting with a possible Client? I have not thought of this as a huge issue but I was looking for some input. Does anyone out there have visable tat's while wearing your work gear?
  2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I am curious with this too. I don't have any yet but I think I want to get started on a sleeve. But too I wonder if that may send out a message of unprofessionalism? Maybe not but whats every bodies view on this topic?

LBLC_LCO LawnSite Senior Member

I have a half sleeve tat on my right arm with tattoos on both of my forearms and always wear sleeveless under armour. I've never had any issues with this, atleast not that I'm aware of. My attitude is always polite and professional, I think that is what should matter.
  4. davis45

I have worn shorts on the job a couple years back and customers didnt mind the one on my leg. Current customers acutally asked to see it closer. I don't see a huge issue. I have wanted to start on one arm sleeve but I think i'm going to test out my forearm tat first and see how that goes over.
  5. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Dude, I'm the only LCO in my area with teeth. Your tattoos should be fine.
  6. davis45

hahaha, best comment I have read in awhile.
  7. Chris B.

Chris B. LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO, wow thats classic!
  8. csl

csl LawnSite Member

i have a tattoo of my sons foot print on my right forearm. looks cool and i get a lot of compliments from customers. the tips to tattoos are keeping them clean looking. no T & A.
  9. davis45

My tattoo's have meaning, Im not looking to get skulls or flames or anything. I was looking to get "Faith" on one arm and "Hope" on the other. I'm not too concerned if anybody on these forums like it because alot probably wont. It's something I want and has meaning to me. I was just curious on the 'professional' point of view on things.
  10. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I think a lot of it has to do with your attitude when you meet with the customer. If you are meeting with somebody that you think might have a problem just wear a long sleeve shirt. I have a tattoo around my wrist & have never experienced any problems.