Tax Evasion!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by anthony reyes, Jun 2, 2004.

1. anthony reyes

anthony reyes LawnSite Member

I am just starting out i have done about three small jobs. I have buddies who do lawncare/odd jobs. I know they don't pay taxes
    they say that the chances of the IRS ever finding out is slim. Does any body have any stories of people getting busted for not reporting?How bad of an idea is it to compromise just to get off the ground?I just want to hear what others have to say.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I don't think anyone here is going to tell you to evade paying your taxes.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

have to agree with you Jodi

There could be that one time you get caught and have to pay a fine or possible jail time. Now was it worth it to not pay taxes to just get your business off the ground

4. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

i am not trying to be mean but its people like you who kill the market for all of us who pay insurance and pay taxes and workmans comp people like u lower what are work is worth

5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

What do you mean people like him, he never said that he doesnt pay taxes and whatnot.

6. JohnK

JohnK LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

How much is your integrity worth? What it seems you're asking is it Ok to break the law if it's unlikely you'll get caught. Is that a lesson you'd like your children (if you have any) to learn?

7. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say that the chances of the IRS finding out just increased, since you just posted your full name and hometown for the world to see.

8. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

Tell them to go ahead and evade taxes.

The IRS may not catch up to them.

But old age and the lack of pension sure will.

9. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

speaking of that lynyrd, not to get off topic, but in 2018 social security benefits will cost the government more than payroll taxes bring in (Good Article in Worth magazine about SS and baby boomers)

Kind of scary

10. LynyrdSkynyrd

LynyrdSkynyrd LawnSite Member

I may have read something about that.

I am just glad that I had enough sense to listen when someone told me to invest every dime that I could into two little known companies called Microsoft and Yahoo when the first went public.

-------------------

I wish now that I had invested a litle in Google. Six cents a share.
    $10,000. would have bought 16,6666 shares and when it went public it opened at $37.00 a share.

X $37
    -----------
    $6,166,642.00

For a $10,000 investment. Kicking my rump rather hard....