Tax returns

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Jan 25, 2008.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Just paid my business taxes for the year, my sales and B&O taxes are due annually, so I just filed that with a check and closed up my business. As we all know, it's everyone's favorite time of the year; tax season. What is everyone else doing with the refund if you have any? I suppose for most in business for themselves there's going to be money going out, but I'm looking at a $2K+ return for my personal taxes. Going to buy a new rifle possibly, maybe some tools to carry in the truck when I start running iron again full time, I want a Lincoln 14V electric gun badly. What's everyone else going to spend their refund on? Or better yet, how badly has Uncle Sam robbed you this year?

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know yet. I am sure I will be contributing to the delinquency of a whole fleet of sh!tbirds who refuse to support themselves. :hammerhead:

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I have a real issue with welfare, why should I work harder to support someone who doesn't support themselves?

I actually think with my return I'm going to pull the trigger on a new(er) truck a couple months sooner than I've been planning. I'll be driving 250+ miles a week to and from the training grounds every week, my F150 has 202K on it as of yesterday, mileage isn't great and I can't afford to break down somewhere. With my return, I can make about 4 months worth of payments, more than enough to tide me over until I start working. I'll be working full time right up until I leave for my 6 weeks of training, then I'll be shut down to 3 days a week of work. I have a large sum of money in the bank saved up but it's not enough to tack on a truck payment as well. With the return, I can make that happen pretty easily, as I'll only need to pull about 2 months worth of payments out while I'm not working full time. We'll see how things go, though. I'm pretty strapped with a land mortgage payment and all the other usual bills, I'm sitting at about $1800 a month in debt. Good news is that I have ZERO credit card debt, I've handled having a card for a year very nicely I think.

Tell you what, if you fly me out to Rigby every week for 6 weeks, I'll work Fri-Sun, 15 hour days no questions asked. :laugh:

4. qps

qps LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I take it you won't be voting for Hillary:confused:

5. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Or any dem for that matter.

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That would be correct.

7. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I have no idea how big my return will be, usually year's end brings in maybe $500 or so, but with the pay out and buying of a new machine my accountant has hinted well over the $6000 mark with all the tax I payed over the past 4 1/2 years, so I'm looking into getting a Stanley Dropping Hammer for the real thick stuff.

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

What's a refund?
    I'm sure I will contribute to those who get their entire year's worth of taxes back plus some unearned income tax bonuses because they are below a certain wage. I know some people like that. They live fine but do a lot under that table thus they show very little income and get their entire paid in taxes back and then some of mine. Arghh.

I would try and set up my w2 so there is no refund. I don't like loaning my money to the IRS interest free!

9. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Is that hammer like a cyclone hammer?

10. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

new rear tires for my tractor...its what last years went to also...bought 2 new tires for my old 8N...the tax return bought both...this year it will only be able to buy 1 tire for my new IH