tax ?'s

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by martyarty216, Dec 20, 2005.

1. martyarty216

martyarty216 LawnSite Member

I am hoping to start a lawn buisseness as a summer job to help, I repeat HELP, pay for college. It would just be me and possibly a friend in a little ford ranger with a small trailer. I have read i must check into registration for the trailer, but what kind of taxes in addition to sales tax must be paid?
    Income tax in particular???

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

talk to an accountant, if penn requires sales tax you must do it, register name with state and counties, you need liability insurance, use the search feature

as far as income tax, it all depends on what you are , sole propritorship, partnership(not recomendd) incorporated, llc,

in any case you must pay taxes on income...

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The points Dave raises here, and check with your states unemployment or as they call it here in my state ,department of employment security ,about unemployment,If your friend is only going to be your worker,and not a partner.And It would be wise to check your local and state authorities for all business licenses applicable