Tax Time (Who Uses Turbo Tax)

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Total.Lawn.Care, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Well, it is that time of year again, and I know that many of you have your business accountants do your taxes for you, or at the very least, give you your business taxable income too plug into your 1040. I am an accountant and have done my own taxes for year. Turbo Tax just makes it easier.

However, my wife started to load our Turbo Tax last night, and it asked her which version she wanted. Our options are Turbo Tax Deluxe and Turbo Tax Home & Business. In the past I have used the Deluxe to file a Schedule C, so my question is this.

Has Turbo Tax taken the schedule C out of the Deluxe and created this so that you have to pay extra to get the Home and Business if you file Schedule C forms?

Also, who uses Turbo Tax, and which version have you picked to do your taxes this year?

2. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

I have used it alot. Last year I let my company CPA do my personal taxes. I am not sure he did any better than I did but I sure felt better for about 2 months not worrying about my taxes.

3. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have used Turbo Tax for years, I just do not know what changes have been made to the Deluxe Package that would warrant the Home and Business version, or if the Home and Business Version ask more indepth questions that would allow you to think of more (allowable and legal) deductions.