tax time

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stinky, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Stinky

Stinky LawnSite Member

is it just me or did anyone else just get done with taxes tonight. looks like i need to make a big purchase before next year.uncle george got me!!!!
  2. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I'm gonna have to file an extension i think. Gonna have to wait and see what my CPA can do with the numbers. Man, i hate this time of year!
  3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont forget though that you will have to submit an estimated payment by the 15th even if you file for an extension.
  4. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

I was able to pay my 2003 taxes but my quarterlies are going to be a week late. :( Just don't have enough $$$$$. All of that coming due at the same time bites. Every year I pay more on my quarterlies thinking I will not owe as much at the end of the year and every year I make just enough more that it doesn't work.
  5. shorty7616

shorty7616 LawnSite Member

Yup, The 'OLE CPA got back with me yesterday. BIG one this year. Seems like a made a little bit more than last year, and Paying ALOT more than last year!

I've determined that I am going to spend this year, and not be so conservative. I think the first purchase is a new PC!
  6. charlies

charlies LawnSite Senior Member
    from earth

7. Collegiate

Collegiate LawnSite Member

Do you get to Write off what you purchase? Is that how this works? I am going to have to do Taxes for the first time next year so i have got to get up to date with all this Stuff and also get an accountant or someone reliable and accurate.
  8. Let it Grow

Let it Grow LawnSite Senior Member

I've had mine done for a couple months, but I'm waiting 'till tommorrow to send it in. The way I figure is it's basically an interest free loan from the IRS!

Hey collegiate- Get a copy of quickbooks if you don't have one. That was one of the best decisions I made when I started my business.
  9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I sent my taxes in yesterday. Been dreading writing those big checks for months but its a weight of my sholders.....sure cant wait untill 2005:mad:
  10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Why would you spend $1 to save 33 cents? If you dont need the equipment, then just grin and bear it.