Tax.....

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mowman16, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you guys like paying tax? :confused: This year I had a loss due to my truck,:cry: but I can't wait till I can actually have a gain and PAY!!! :cool2: Boy, just the thought gets me excited...isn't it fun?:waving:

2. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

i have several freinds that complain that they paid so much in tax, and there have been years that i didnt have to pay do to this or that, (you know)
    i simply told them one thing to shut them up! IF YOUR PAYING TAXES YOUR MAKING MONEY, plain and simple!

3. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Wait a minute - I thought the GOAL was to MAke ALOT of $$ and still show a LOSS so you do not pay $$ in taxes. HUH - go figure - I have been doing this wrong all this time.:cool2:

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

i hate seeing them take so much away. i work hard to get that money and when i have to give them half, it kinda sucks. but i deduct every little thing i can. that makes up for it. last year i didnt have to pay anything because of all the crap i bought. just had to pay that damn Self-Employment Tax.

5. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

well I'm one that pays, and pays well to support this country.
    This is the first year that I have enough money held back to pay this years. Actually had some extra. My tax man keeps telling me I should buy a new truck, and he right but I hate being in debit. But when a idler pulley on my Ford Exploder when out Sunday I thought it might be time. But no I spent $45 on a new pulley to get it home.

A tax tip, collect all the legit recites you can get your hands on. But my biggest problem is I dint have any income I can shelter.

6. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

well, yes your right! but im talking about people that have 1 mil worth of equipment vs me the little guy.. would you complain if you made a mill, and had to pay some money but still ended up in the +? or would you be satisfied with making 20k and not being able to save a penny due to all of the costs needed to operate ? get i now?

7. ccash

ccash Banned

i try to get paid in cash as much as possible.

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I get paid by a few customers in cash as well. It don't matter to me, cash or check, it gets reported legally either way.

I'm not sure I'd be posting the above statement in a public forum. :dizzy: Ya never know whos watching and reading these posts!

9. Mowman16

Mowman16 LawnSite Senior Member

Same here, it dosn't pay to try to hid a few cash jobs....just report it all and buy a new truck or something.:cool2:

10. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

Buy lots of equipment and give to charity. Then thr crooks in DC will not get it all.