Taxes!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Trucklover, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Trucklover

Trucklover LawnSite Member
    from MD

Do you guys use any software to help with business taxes? withholding etc?

2. phillie

phillie LawnSite Senior Member

I think most tax software will work. Turbotax maybe? I just pay my cpa to do it for me.

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I think I might trust the software for the short form but as a business owner those days are long gone. With all the depreciation schedules and such I think my return is about 50 pages every year. Plus if you get audited the preparer has to accompany you and every bit helps. Now as for with holding we just use a payroll service and they are very good I have the payroll checks hand delivered to use next day after calling in the hours.

4. for payroll and all the 940's 941's and other forms quickbooks works great for us.

5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i use the turbo tax for small business owners but i'm solo so there's alot less to keep up with.

6. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

You probably know this, but to be clear, quickbooks works great to keep your books including payroll and payroll taxes - at years end you can export it to a tax preperation program or create and accountants copy for your cpa if you have someone do your taxes.