Taxs?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by competitiveimageland, Mar 2, 2005.

1. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

what kind of percentage can expect to be paying on every $100

this is my first year running registered and insured so i need to know what to expect

2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

Depends on how much you make and what tax bracket you are in. also, being you own business you have to pay 15% social security

3. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

im working full time and make 45000 as a mechanic for the township last year the biz took in about 22000 so im clueless in what im goin to be payin , i asked the guy who did my taxes what percentage , he wasnt to helpfull he told me 45% i think he i talkin out his a$$ or at least i hope he is

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

Without looking at last years taxes. 30-45% is in the ballpark. And the 30% is on the low side. This is after you deduct all your expenses.

5. NCLawnMedic

NCLawnMedic LawnSite Member

30-45% is safe unless you can deduct dependents. Don't forget to deduct every little expense as well. There is a list of business deductions on the IRS website for reference.

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I always figure about 35% (that is federal and state)

7. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i pay 37% after expenses. actually i pay 7% more than someone that is not self employed. the additional 7% is the other half of social security which is paid by the employer. sucks doesnt it....

8. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

yeah but wait till those big checks start rolling in. By then of course they will probably be about $400 a month, and wont get it till your 75.

9. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, and a loaf of bread will costs $25.00.

10. chriscampbell

chriscampbell LawnSite Member

My account tells me to figure that 1/3 of my profits will go to the government. That kind of number makes it hard for the small business man.