Tb138fr ???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by fhdesign, Mar 7, 2007.

1. fhdesign

fhdesign LawnSite Member

Has anyone seen the new Takeuchi yet? Supposed to be @8500lbs, with cab, side shift boom, and zero swing. I'm considering buying aTb135 and now I don't know if I should wait, new machine is also supposed to be $1500 more.
    Any info especially on STS boom appriciated.
    Thanks Jon

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I have written a lot on the STS boom. See the post below about the 305 CAT.

3. fhdesign

fhdesign LawnSite Member

I have written a lot on the STS boom. See the post below about the 305 CAT.

I know you've written a lot... you speak so highly of it that's the reason why the new machine caught my attention. I was really curious if you thought the smaller machine would benifit from the STS. I don't have much experience on any excavator smaller than a 160 size machine.
    Thanks Jon

4. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The 138 I have not run and only seen pictures of that machine as it is sold overseas. I am a believer in the 153 obviously. I run that machine like a backhoe, utility installation, septic systems etc. I don't know what you plan to do with the 138 machine. The TB53 and 153 are readily available I would suggest demoing one. It may be bigger than the 138 but it would give you an idea of how the boom system works. The STS boom takes a couple hours to get accustomed to. They are not going to dig with a 160 obviously, but they will do a lot of work.