1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

TBC-225 or TBC-230? Service?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by bf1231, Jun 13, 2007.

1. bf1231

bf1231 LawnSite Member

I am a homeowner with a one-acre lot that's a bit of an obstacle course (trees, beds, raised vegetable garden, etc). I'm guessing that it will take 30 minutes of trimming at a time (max).

I'm about to buy a Tanaka string trimmer. I'm looking at the TBC-225 and 230. I understand that the 230 has a larger head and some sort of anti-vibration feature. Can you please explain what the difference will be in vibration between the two models. Is there a real reason to go with the 230?

Second question. If I buy it from a web dealer (like landscaperpro), can I bring it to another dealer for warranty service (in case I need it)?

2. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

1. The TBC-230 has a rubber anti-vibe mount between the engine and shaft. The 225 does not. With the amount of trimming you have, I would go with the 230 for the anti-vibe and the 5" tap head.

2. Yes, you can take it to any servicing dealer if you buy it online.

3. bf1231

bf1231 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go with the 230.
  4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Only downside to purchasing online is your local dealer may not be as helpful as they would be if you had bought it from them.

The upside is we do not have many Tanaka products come back for warranty work.