Tcl llc

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by fiveoboy01, Feb 16, 2010.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

I just remembered the existence of this website and the thread I had.

We are still in business. Doing well... growth has slowed but we have done that on purpose. There has been discussion of expanding a lot, but we are still not sure if we want to deal with the headaches and expenses that come with having adopted children(my pet name for employees). Perhaps in a year or two...

Last year was tough, with the lack of snow and the hot summer... We were down in income. This winter was much better and I'm looking forward to a good warm season, though it sure is a slow start. Hoping to start dethatching soon. I have a few pics to put up, which I will get to in the next day or two.

In February of last year I decided to move to Las Vegas... did the bookwork from there, and drew a small salary. Moved back here last September, of course my timing was great as this is the longest winter I can remember LOL.

2. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Glad to see you're back on here, and I'm looking forward to the pictures.

3. fiveoboy01

Ok, random pictures.

My brother likes to throw firewood through his back window.

[​IMG]

New shop rental. Smaller than the other one by a lot, but the other one was demolished to make room for an incoming subdivision so we had no choice.

[​IMG]

Some of our junk outside, all dirty. Normally the equipment is spotless mostly, my timing was, well perfect here.

[​IMG]

Acquisition - '96 F350, 7.3. Use it for a lot of things, runs great and pulls well.

[​IMG]

4. fiveoboy01

This is approximately half of our snowblower fleet LOL.

[​IMG]

Nephew needed some new shirts, so...

[​IMG]

Bed work...

[​IMG]

Another one before:

[​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

5. fiveoboy01

Got some cheapo wheels and tires for the skidder for winter, they actually provide much better traction.

[​IMG]

Nope, all our trucks and trailers do not fit in the shop unfortunately!

[​IMG]

This is one of my favorite customers. If any of you are familliar with the Apple Pie/Cherry Pie/Cow Pie brand liquor, the founder/owner also owns this bar. When I first got his business in '06, he was just starting out with the liquor thing and explained to me how he had just ordered something like 10,000 bottles for his first venture which was Apple Pie.

[​IMG]

Here you can see the bar and tree on the bottle label. Travis is one hell of a guy and even occasionally bartends at the place. Though his wife usually sends us the check, he always remembers who I am even if he hasn't seen me for a long time. One of those guys who never forgets where he came from. He always pays on time, never complains, and is very flexible with us when it comes to odd jobs that we do for him. People like him are the ones who make me love this business.

[​IMG]

6. fiveoboy01

Another shot of the beds I posted earlier. That's not our edger, we just rent one... but I really want to buy one.

[​IMG]

We bought Exmark's aerator back in October. I'm pleased with the machine. It speeds up the productivity a ton, but you also have to be very careful using it because you can tear up the turf badly if you don't know what you're doing.

[​IMG]

7. fiveoboy01

We also have a website now. Well a main page. I bought the domain name probably 2 years ago, just haven't had the time or inclination to have a company design me a site. Soon...

www.topcutlawns.com

8. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Work looks good as always!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. G.M.Landscaping

G.M.Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

10. fiveoboy01

Still going.

Picked up a second Bobcat... 2010 S185 2-speed with 150 hours on the ticker.

The 2nd speed is incredible, I can pull a 2 or 3 car driveway and dump the snow over the curb in 3-4 minutes. It's so much faster that we are thinking about maybe trading the other Bobcat in on a second 2-speed machine.

[​IMG]