TDR question?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by 1idejim, Apr 27, 2012.

1. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

i am doing some TDR testing and am curious what brands are being used ?

how many guys own a TDR?

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

right here..

not sure the brand but its the one you told me to get..

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

are you using it a lot and are you getting along with it?

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

Ive been using it on my lunch break on large propteries where I know there is multiple VB's..

just testing..I need to go to radio shack and get longer leads..:)

5. CAPT Stream Rotar

Ive been using it on my lunch break on large propteries where I know there is multiple VB's..

just testing..I need to go to radio shack and get longer leads..:)

6. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Geez, after two posts, you'd think you'd get the spelling right. :dizzy:

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

after more than too strong mixed drinks You'd be suprised im still awake after working 60 + this week...and I also have to work tomorrow..

8. Irrigation Contractor

Irrigation Contractor LawnSite Senior Member

We just got a couple of the Snap Shot's from T3 Innovations. I spent a lot of time talking with Jason Chesla from T3 and he was extremely helpful.

Once we got the TDR, we have spent the last couple weeks learning to use it with help from T3 and the man himself....Jim R.

My techs need to get some detailed instructional help; whether is comes from classes, DVD or books.

I would really like to see a instructional website to view video rather than DVD. I would pay a subscription for this service, this way the information would constantly be updated. We have learned so far, to use the TDR to it's fullest, multiple troubleshooting steps are involved.

Watching the video and having the information needed on the same page / site would be fantastic. All my service techs have laptops for Hindsite, since they have 4G wireless they could access this information on the job site.

Also, being able to Skype or video chat with the instructor in difficult situations or for a class in our office with my staff would be ideal. Someone's years of knowledge is worth something to that individual or company, but if it is going to help our business paying for this is a no brainer to me.

I never would have even heard of a TDR if it were not for this site and all the help from Jim.

So thanks for all the help!

9. CAPT Stream Rotar

Its funny I got wasted last friday night @ a bar and there was a verizion guy in there...

Next thing you know we are talking tdr for at least an hour and how he uses it to his benefit...

I say we all pitch in and purchase a tdr dipped in gold for jim.

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Triplett 3271.
    I just need to remember to take it with me.
    Yesterday I was reminded of the movie "Groundhog Day", except for me it would have been called "Groundfault Day". Spent almost 4 hours locating and fixing nicked wires and bad splices. :cry: