Tea before dressing?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by GreenthumbGA, Apr 25, 2008.

1. GreenthumbGA

GreenthumbGA LawnSite Member

Wich would be more beneficial. Spraying before of after the top dressing of OM?

I would think before but my thinker is still being tuned.

2. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I will say on top of the dressing. Why would you say before?

3. GreenthumbGA

I was thinking(there I go again) that the micros's would be more exposed on the top of the dressing. I am using a hudson backpack sprayer so I do not get much drenchege(new word).

But underneath, I would think that they would get squished or suffocated. If they didn't though, they would have safety from full sun exposure and food all around them.

4. NattyLawn

NattyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I reason I said on top is they will help devour the topdressing. Either method should suffice.

5. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

well, we should think that compost has all the herd that the tea has just less herd, so adding more herd is a good thing. what the target of the tea whats the use intended.

6. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson LawnSite Senior Member

Use your CT on top of your OM. This provides an immediate food source for them.

Personally I prefer coffee before dressing;)

7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

If you have core aerated before the application PLEASE apply CT before the top dress. It is a rare occasion that you can get the microbes down into the soil and in the root zone.

These are soil microbes (mostly) as long as there is air, which there would be, they will do fine under, over or in between

8. GreenthumbGA

this will be more of innoculation because my OM will probably not be teaming.

9. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

so there it is,TEA AFTER DRESSING...