tea sprayer question

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by LawnCrazy, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LawnCrazy

LawnCrazy LawnSite Member

ok im a homeonwer not a pro what can I buy to spray some of bills 123 tea?I dont plan on doing anyone elses yard just my own so I dont want to spend a ton of money in a big rig to spray any help would to great.
  2. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

we do not sell to end users, we sell to distribution and lawn and landscape professionals almost entirely
    that said. you can buy it from a local distributor

look up shrub doctor or organic lawns (704)340-7793 Dave and his brother are the bomb
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. robtown

robtown LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I dont know how big your yard is and how much effort you would want to spend.
    On the low end a hand pump sprayer might work but you would need to remove any filters init. ....I have not done this but I have read others have.
    Stihl and redmax make a backpack sprayer that iis in the $500-$600 range that would do the job . I believe they are 3-4 gallon units. also there are directionals at the end of the blower tube you will have to take off.( they pop off very easy). Just make sure you clean it after each use.
    good luck
  4. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

As to product, I will first applaud Bill. Not offering directly to the public helps the industry. By making a retail outlet available as well, he has still supported the product. For small scale like is being described here, would not a small 10-25 gallon tank w/ a 12v on demand pump work? Keeping the nozzle size large and avoiding small screens would make it work with my limited understanding of the CT concept. I'm really looking forward to having more first hand experience.
  5. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Got my NPP today Bill. Thanks :)
  6. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Since JDUtah is addressing Bill, I'll climb on board: Bill, I asked for some info from your website but haven't yet received anything.
  7. TMGL&L

TMGL&L LawnSite Member

Try a hose end sprayer that can regulate the amount of ounces per gallon. That way you get the deep soak and soil absorbtion and have no need for fill up. A tank sprayer, especially for a large property would make soaking nearly impossible...not to mention could be harder work. Also, the high air pressure in a sprayer can't be good for the little guys. Microbes need to get into the "rhizosphere" to do the best work water needs to be that carrier.

I think hose-end sprayer is the low budget way to go.

I hate to support satan but I'm sure your local garden center sells those ortho weed killer sprayers...And of course it has to be completly clean and never used. They have a dial to measure application rates.
  8. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

How about one of THESE to apply the tea through a garden hose? For a homeowner who isn't going to be hauling the brewery around, I would think its a great idea. Get one of the 5gal brewers and your in buisness! And a picture of what the link points to (I hope)

$15-20 will buy one of these through many irrigation suppliers or on ebay like the link shows. Just don't drink out of the garden hose after using it!!
  9. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

That's not good, we are normally pretty prompt with that
    We have been absolutely slammed and I have been traveling almost nonstop since Jan 1, but that is no excuse for bad customer service

can you send me an email so that I can take cre of it personally