Teacher's Turf Care Lawn sign

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pcarlson1911, Sep 25, 2006.

1. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Just last night my Daughter had a Girl Scout meeting and it was meeting with business people-- One computer guy , a nurse, and a teacher, The teacher said she liked her job, but as she was married to a teacher she told the girls that if you want "nice" things in life do not be a teacher-- no money, Thats sad.

2. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

My wife is also an educator, and yes it is sad.
    pc

3. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

So you don't think two teachers can live on $80,000-$120,000 per year as an annual income?

4. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

Both of my folks are teachers as well as cousins and family members. They make very good money (most teachers in this area do) and my aunt is retired and she's only 55 I think. When my folks retire, they will get very good pensions.

5. Korey

Korey LawnSite Senior Member

My dad cut grass when he was starting out as a teacher. He used his car with the lawnmower in the back and a trimmer. lol. Old Mercury Capr- the kind that sort of looks like the old Z.

6. PMLAWN

The problem with what you say is that I believe it is at the high end and most areas will be below that , some areas way below.

7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

$40,000/yr is at the low end.

8. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

$40,000 is not the low end.

9. PMLAWN

I was thinking you might say that
    It's not here in NC either.
    And even worse if you go to a Christian school

10. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

My wife is teacher. Factor in benefits and she's earning about 80k.....not too bad at 32 years old working 180 days out of the year with tenure and pension. Like all Gov't employees....salary will go up in incremants over the years until she reaches the top of the pay scale. If she chooses to go into the administration side in the future.....150-200k.