Teacher's Turf Care Slogan Needed!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by pcarlson1911, Sep 22, 2006.

1. pcarlson1911

pcarlson1911 LawnSite Member

Ok guys, As some of you have read my wife and I are starting a new business: We are both educators and have decided on the name

TEACHER'S TURF CARE

So now all we need is a slogan. I came up with

"Cutting class to cut your grass!"

But that isn't quite the image we are looking for in our brand.

So, I would love some suggestions!
    pc

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

How about:

"Edge-ucating Your Lawn!!"

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

i like that one

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

but i think you should not play the teacher angel, i think its just as cheesy as a fireman or serviceman doing it..... and i find it appalling that two teachers should need to cut grass part time, you should be payed more to start with.....

not to discourage you, but who will be doing all the work during school season, early spring is very busy, and so is fall.....

just my opinion and probably not worh much... best of luck to you........:)

5. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Teachers Pet lawn service

Starving teachers lawn service

Cut and tutor

6. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Agree:clapping: :clapping:

One of the most important jobs there is

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

If you are going to start a business, I do not think it is necessary to mention that you are teachers. In fact, if I was a potential customer, and I knew you were teachers, I probably wouldn't call because I would think, "are they going to have time to take care of my lawn during the spring when the grass is growing like crazy, or are they going to be too busy?"

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I totally agree, and if I WOULD name a business like this - and this is strictly hypothetical, I would simply call it "Cutting Class" .
    Do you see the double meaning of it? It would give the connotation of the word class being like "Touch of Class" - which of course brings us to a whole 'NOTHER cool name! Get it? In the very LEAST, atleast the people in the district you work with would certainly enjoy and appreciate it.

9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I don't think mentioning you're teachers is a good idea either.
    The debate over teacher's pay is a devisive one, particularly around here where the teachers average between 50-60,00/year when most folks have to work a full 12 months to earn 40,000, along with the double dipping mindset.
    Leave the debate on the sidelines and find a less negative way of defining yourselves.

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Schooling lawns all over "said area" lol.

Jeff