teammates from lesco

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by daveyo, Aug 30, 2006.

1. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

80% Tall Fescue 20% Perennial Rye, 8lbs/ 1000 sound right. I never used teammates before but got a good price on 1000lbs to get me started. A local LCO uses it and said he gets good results with 8lbs/1000 and likes the seed. The seed I use to use is way out of line on price this year, it's a local grower and I'm done. I'm slit seeding of course, Thanks in advance.

O'Donnell Landscaping

2. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Its a good product. I've used it for a couple of years and have never been disappointed.

I'm picking up some Lesco transitions blend tomorrow though 'cause the customer doesn't want the rye.

Just curious...what price did they give you on 1000 lbs. TeamMates?

3. daveyo

from N.J.

I think it was $1.18/lb, my other guy was almost double that. If you buy at least a 1000lbs they'll come down in price. Anyway is 8lbs /1000 a good rate 4lbs one way 4lbs the other or can I stick with 6lbs/1000, I'm also hoping for a better germination rate with the teams.

4. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

The rate depends on the lawn your overseeding. Real thick and healthy but they want it- 3-5lbs/k. Thin and bad crab year, 8-10lbs/k. I think 10 lbs is the suggested rate for bare ground.

By the way, your original supplier, they quoted you twice the price on the same blend? That's the most i've heard this year. Think i'll ask everybody too.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We go 8# per 1000 for bare ground, like in renovations with the Teammates. Excellent turfgrass.

6. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I just got 50 bags of transition blend @ 1.08 per lb....It seems to the best around here....

7. daveyo

from N.J.

Harley, it wasn't the same exact blend of course, but the percentages were close and a different brand name. I exaggerated a little when I said double it was more like time and a half but damn if I'm paying it.

O'Donnell Landscaping

8. Harley-D

Harley-D LawnSite Senior Member

I'm with ya. Just curious. Knew prices were gonna be high but didn't know how high. I guess lesco might be the way to go.