Tearing apart the Ferris

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CoupesCuts, Mar 11, 2009.

1. CoupesCuts

CoupesCuts LawnSite Member

Spring is almost here and I need to get the mowers ready for work. Last year I had some problems with my Ferris. First off the deck wouldn't go up and down all the time. I found this was due to a frozen pivot point. After an hour of banging, I finally got it free. Also, I had an incident with a small stump last year. Check out the bend in the deck. A little more assistance from my BFH and its good enough for government work. Check out the before and after. Tomorrow it gets a good power washing and new hydro belts.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Man it screwed that deck up good! Good luck this year and try not to hit anymore stumps lol

3. Ben's Landscape

Ben's Landscape LawnSite Bronze Member

Good job with the stump!! JK Good luck mowing this season!!!

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

next time you bend a deck on the stump, I have found that if you go back over it in reverse it fixes everything.

5. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

How did it feel when you kit that stump? lol I know I have caught the edge of the deck on stumps of the edges of things, it can send you for a jolt! I did it with the walkbehind once while standing on my sulky. Sent my stomach right into the handle bars, knowcked the wind out of me :dizzy:

6. CoupesCuts

CoupesCuts LawnSite Member

I definitely almost threw me off the mower. Happened in the fall and I hit it because it was under some leaves. So, I had no warning whatsoever.

7. oakhillslandscaping

oakhillslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

wow your deck isnt built up like the one on my 61" but as soon as i can get to my mower im taking the deck off like that

8. riverwalklandscaping

riverwalklandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

lol :hammerhead: