Tearing up my front yard pics...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by fiveoboy01, Mar 27, 2007.

1. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Eh, just for s&gs...

I cut a tree down in the front yard, and there was this gigantic mound of a mulch bed around it. Dug out the roots of the tree and leveled everything off. Either going to sod it or maybe pour a slab for a patio. Undecided right now...

One thing I can't believe, I didn't get a damn picture of the whole rig(truck/trailer/skidsteer).

On another note, my measly 5.4 didn't do too bad pulling everything.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. josh1981

josh1981 LawnSite Senior Member

looks good. what model stihl saw

3. fiveoboy01

Honestly, I don't know. My brother bought it barely used from a friend who needed some money. It did a good job chopping down the tree though:)

4. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

The more i keep seeing these new S 250's the more i want one..I was just quoted 39,000. But that wasnt with 2 speed..Is it really useful?

5. josh1981

how big was the tree? looks like the 3-400 series stihl

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I see a can of Fluid film in that shot!

7. fiveoboy01

Ok, I went in the garage and looked. The saw is an MS260... The tree wasn't big, about 25' tall, maybe a tad more, trunk diameter was around 8-10 inches.

Good eye J&R! Got it right from Dano here on Lawnsite!

Duramax - the skid truly is a bad, bad machine. I wish it were mine, but alas, it's a good friend of mine's. I've known him for so long, I really didn't even ask to borrow it, just went to his jobsite and "stole it". He bought it used with about 60 hours(demo I think) for right around 29K. So the price you're getting sounds pretty spot-on.

As far as the 2-speed goes, I wouldn't buy a skid steer without it. My opinion is that it's a must-have and especially usefull for doing snow. I used a Bobcat 773 to do snow this winter and a 2-speed would have cut the time down by a lot.

8. josh1981

nice, thats a professional saw according to stihl. Cant go wroing with a 260. I have the 290 and 180 mini boss. No regrets on purchasing them

9. fiveoboy01

Yeah, it's got balls.

My bro got it for 200 bucks. The guy was real hard up for money. It's practically new lol.

10. josh1981

wow, one heck of a deal. Have fun with it!