techno-block

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreenMonster, Jul 28, 2004.

1. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Anybody use Techno block for retaining walls. I used it for the first time. Helped a buddy do an entry at this new house. I think the stuff looks real nice -- it's a tumbled product. I wasn't crazy about the little square pvc pieces that hold one course to the next. A real PITA when doing all curves, which this was, including the steps.

Here's a b4

p1010071.jpg

2. GreenMonster

from NH

Here's one with the wall well under way

6.jpg

3. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

One of my accounts, the guy used that stone to make some nice walls. the lawn is about 2' above the sidewalk, so he ran it along the walk.. no more edging for me.

that jobs coming out nice, but do you think that stone looks too modern for the stle of the house. I could be wrong.

4. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

did you use cement on the stairway?

5. GreenMonster

from NH

yes. You're wrong.

6. GreenMonster

from NH

all dry except the stair treads are glued

7. GreenMonster

from NH

here's the other end

all the walls are set-up to be planters

p1010079.jpg

8. jwholden

jwholden LawnSite Member
    from CT

That's a tough front of a house to work with.

Two doors, not much room between drive and front door to put plantings, colums that go into dirt, not much room to work with even though the house is obviosly upscale.

Way to pull it together!

9. GreenMonster

from NH

Don't forget my "buddy" had irrigation put in before we did the hardscape:mad: Luckily, he cut a line on a day he was working without me:D

The two doors are not at the same elevation either:rolleyes:, so we had to figure an extra step on the left hand entrance. And of course, the elevation difference was not simply equal to the height of one block.

Lastly, the builder filled all around this area with sand, so whenever you'd drive and turn in the area with the skid, you'd make a mess. Oh yeah, don't forget the septic tank cover that's just outside the work area too. Plus, try not to mess up the newly seeded lawn too much either. Ugh. I told him he better do all the hardscape first on the next house.

He's been working on the walkway himself. We can't seem to get our schedules to match up, but seems to be doing a good job. He's got some plantings in the wall now too, which is complete. I'll try to post some completed pics sometime.

10. kbenvironmental

kbenvironmental LawnSite Member

Green
    Looks good, but why the elevation change on the last step? Looks to be 8" to 10", where the other steps are 4" to 6".