Techo-Bloc Showcase

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Dreams To Designs, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone plan on attending any of the Techo-Bloc Showcases that start in Virginia on January 17 and end up March 1 in New York. Last years showcases were very informative and they gave away some great prizes. I see you will get a contractors sales kit along with a free lunch and the chance to win prizes during a raffle. They make it easy to register as you can sign-up online.
    http://www.techo-bloc.com/contractors/index.php?p=Events

Kirk

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I will be attending.

Although I will attend in protest. Because:

#1 I have not received an invitation / announcement.

#2 They charge us so we can learn about THEIR product(s).

3. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I wouldn't consider it free if you have to pay for it. You can get the same material for just being a "techo pro".

If you attended last year, was it worth your time and $$ or was it just your typical sales pitch? Thanks.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Its worth the 50 bucks since they give you a 100 dollor gift certificate!

Also, the rafles are good! Hell the food is good to. I do not understand why someone wouldn't go. Any events when you are surrounded by other hardscapers is good!

I went to the Cambridge Contractors round table dinner last week. They have a dinner every month.

Matt

6. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

I agree,
    Plus these kinds of things are always alot of fun for me.
    I also think that it is one of the smartest things you can ever do to bring employees (leaders/foremans) to these kinds of things, its just an awsome motivational tool as well as makes them feel important at the same time as giving them some more knowledge, kinda really making them feel like a pro.
    Im real excited about this one and even more excited about going to Nashville and staying at the Gaylord Opryland hotel again and attending Hardscape North America, if you have never been to that hotel, I promise it will be worth the trip just to stay there.

7. GroundScapesIncorporated

from VA

I believe that the Techo-block thing will have a continetal style breakfast as well as full catered lunch.
    I love to eat.

8. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Just signed up. Not a $$ thing, but seems that every seminar I have been to lately just turns into a saaaaad sales pitch and a total waste of my time. I do agree that is is very important and beneficial to network with other contractors in your area/industry. I get the roundtable notifications all the time and have never looked into it. Maybe something I should do in the off season. :)

9. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I do not agree with this paying.

There are 4 other MANUFACTURERS in this area. Most of them all do some sort of similar activity.....FREE.

Yes, other contractors are there....FREE

Yes, they feed us....FREE

Yes, they give stuff away....FREE

One supplier has it right. They charge $50 to register, but on the day of the event - they give you your check back. They do this because people say they'll be there, they order the food, then people dont show up. Makes sense to me!

10. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

they had BBQ last year..........I'm in!