1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

techo blu

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by greatinmulchbeds, Apr 2, 2010.

1. greatinmulchbeds

greatinmulchbeds LawnSite Member

I have a few walkways coming up and each customer has picked techo blu. Has anyone installed this paver? easy to work with? pros/cons?

2. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Blu likes for the handler to rub it's belly and tell it what a good lil' paver it is. Other than that it's no different than flagstone or pavers.

All you need is eyes, hands, fingers, a back, a brain, and maybe some muscles.................

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. greatinmulchbeds

well i think i got most of those things so i should be good

4. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

Very nice paver, what size are you using, what application. You definetely want to cover it with woven textile when compacting.

5. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Nothing wrong with Blu. I would also show your next client Unilock's Hudson Valley Flagstone and Belgard Lafitt, IMO they both look 50x better.

Techo makes a great antiqued 60mm paver of the highest order but they seem to punch above their weight when trying to produce "natural stone" products, Natura and that awful Muro Naturale being examples.

Unilock and Belgard, and with one or two of their products, CST, seem to have blown Techo Bloc away in this arena.

6. greatinmulchbeds

zedosix- yeah it looks like a real nice paver thats why i was kind of pushing it recently i wanted to give it a try. I'm using the 60mm and it will be a walkway to the front door and on the other side of the driveway it will be a walkway around to the back. I'm starting it within the next 2 weeks i'll post some pics when its all done.

Paver Gangster- Unilock is not really big around me its techo, ep henry, and capital. I know the Muro Naturale is one sad attempt at a natural stone, the one walkway i'm doing to the front door needs a step and the client wanted the muro, fortunately i talked them out of it and i'm going with a creta or something a little less "bold" that will look good with the blu

7. zedosix

We installed about 1200sq.ft on a pool job last season, real nice product, be carefull when compacting though. have to put something between compactor and paver. Its almost a slab really considering the size of it!

8. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

just started laying a 2400 sqft driveway. very nice block.

9. zedosix

80 or 95 mil?

10. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

we are using blu 80