1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Techo Showcase

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Jan 6, 2010.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

I'm a loyal Techo-bloc user, guessing 75% of what we use is Techo.

I always appreciate a nice free jacket and shirts :)

However, do we really need a seminar on marketing and estimating for the 4the year in a row, I'm presuming it's presented by Paver Pete????

Here is what I would like for Techo-bloc to do: in my area we have a few contractors that are leaving money on the table. It's crazy. And out of control. Years ago Belgard use to invest alotta money with Vanderkoi and associates. BEST SEMINARS I'VE EVER BEEN TO. Marketing. Selling. Estimating. All presented by different people. Some one day seminars - some 2 day seminars....on the same subject. VERY INFORMATIVE. VERY MOTIVATING. Sure to open the eyes of the low ballers.

No one gets the point across and motivates a contractor like Mr Charles Vanderkoi, himself. NO one.

I love 'ol Paver Pete. He's a good guy. If Techo can afford to sponser the pro hockey games in Canada, if they can afford to buy tractor trailers to tote displays all over the place - THEY CAN AFFORD TO BEEF UP THEIR PROGRAM AND UTILIZE THE SERVICES OF VANDERKOI & ASSOCIATES.

Bringing in a new speaker for full day seminars, speakers that grab your attention, will be very beneficial to all. Will open the eyes of my competitors that there is no way they can install pavers for $10 / SF and put food on the table.......

And ya know - their mobile display is great, but we work with pavers and block every day. No disrespect, really I don't need to see the display, I see pavers in my sleep.....

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Amen to that
  3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

'The Check In The Night!' Vanderkoi is awesome, I still remember a lot of his seminar I saw years ago. I know it gets hard to have a top notch seminar every year for guys that are experienced and guys starting out but I just can't handle sitting through a day hearing the same stuff.
  4. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

EP Henry is having some of his employees speak at MAHTS this year.
  5. Twitchy

Twitchy LawnSite Senior Member

Boy oh boy all the "paver contractors" come out of the wood work for a free breakfast and lunch. Last yr a spanish "Contractor" brought his whole family to it... Paver Pete even made a joke about it. I will be attending the seminar in Feb. New colors and styles.
  6. blade cutter

blade cutter LawnSite Member

More dry jokes by Paver Pete and that big cheesy grin...........yee ha. The product speaks for itself, give us Vanderkoi. I'd even pay.
  7. DVS Hardscaper

I'd normally say I'd be willing to pay as well.

But Techo sponsors the National, Pro hockey games, they spend money on some silly race car that last I knew they were toting around to the Showcases, and on and on. They can step up to the plate and give the contractors what they want - new speakers!
  8. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't they(block/paver companies) get a better return targeting specific contractors and growing them? Rather than inviting everyone and their brother do a more 'invite' only type deal? Give it some mystique? Something to work towards and be an elite contractor?
  9. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't even go to the showcase last year and will no go this year. I'd rather have them go the way andrew is suggesting or just drop the whole program. I really don't need to drive a hr and a half to hear about some new colors or a different paver pattern.

But when I did go to the showcases, it was a pretty good ego booster to know that I was one of the top hardscapers in the room. I am sure you felt the same way DVS.
  10. DVS Hardscaper

True Dat, MRusk-a-roni!

It always feels good to know I'm the top everything imagionable (top lawnsite BRONZE member, top master business owner, top lonely housewife chick magnet, top equipment expert, and top beer drinker)!

I really feel good especially when I look around the Techo-bloc Showcase room and see a bunch of overweight, flabby, contractors that wreak of smelly cigarette smoke, so important that they can't stop talking on their direct connect (that is so 2001) or put their phones away........

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010