1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Techo Tools.......

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by akb25, Mar 8, 2008.

1. akb25

akb25 LawnSite Member

Saw the set of Techo-Tools at the 2008 product show case.

Very impressive. Anyone have them, getting them, know of them?

My company is considering making the purchase this year.

Wanted some feed back from the online community.

What do you think?

2. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

they are neat, like every other hardscape tool a lil pricey. I won the ez-screeeder as a door prize and will likely buy a few more, the scribe is cool and the lifter is great if your pallets are package in a way you can utilize it.
  3. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

They really aren't "Techo Tools" you can buy most of that stuff from the source, Pave Tech or Bon Tool.
  4. landstyles

landstyles LawnSite Member

You can easily fabricate some of them too. But yeah, some of the tools i'd buy.
  5. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

The tools Techo are offering are not the Pave Tech or Bon Tools. They are made by a small contractor/manufacturer that Techo has partnered with. Both Pave Tech & Bon Tool do offer similar products, so compare prices and quality. Many of the tools are quite useful while a few are a over complicating a simple procedure with an expensive tool. Any tool that can make you work quicker and more efficient is worth looking at and investing in.

Jason from McKee landscape dis get a set at the Techo-Bloc showcase in Cherry Hill, NJ and has commented favorably on many of the tools in the kit.

6. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks to Kirk i have all of the tools techo makes. i have not been able to try them all out yet, but i did use the sand screed and it worked good. we started a job this week that i will hopefully get to try them all out. i will post back with full reviews on them.
  7. akb25

akb25 LawnSite Member

Thanks to everybody for the feed back.

Kirk is right. Techo Bloc teamed up with the Bahler (sp?) Brothers, a landscape company in Connecticut, who created this set of tools. I believe they produce the tools under the name PTI (Paver Tool Innovators).

I searched through Bon and Pave Tech and could not find some of the things Techo is offering.

I like that the whole set packs into a box for storage and transporting, one thing to remember to bring to the site instead of several.
  8. mikeny

mikeny LawnSite Member

does anyone have or know where to get the hand tamper that is part slide hammer, paver pete had one in his display trailer and on is also shown in the techo cd. Looks like a cool tool in some places.
  9. Paver Gangster

Paver Gangster LawnSite Member

Something like this?

10. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member