Techo's beautiful 2007 catalog.....

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Feb 14, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

.......is another disappointment.

Sweet catalog, yes it is.

And that's why I'm disappointed.

Many of the jobs featured in the 2007 Techo-Bloc catalog have steps without ANY handrails. Steps shown that I have NO doubt that most towns or counties WOULD require handrails to meet safety codes. They have one set of steps with like, at least 5 or 6 rises, with no safety rails!

This bothers me. As I strive for professionalism.

Its hard for me to sell a local client the local county REQUIRED safety aparatus, when this beautiful catalog doesn't show it.

I think I will send the owner an e-mail.

2. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

ahem......we built alot of the stuff in that catolog.....oops!!
    don't know if any of the stairs are ours, I would have to look at it again. if you have seen the CasBella publication by TechoBlock for spring summer 2006, that is us on the cover and there is a feature inside of the companies work. No step/rail issues in there!!

if you look on the TB website under contractors, the featured project is one of ours:
    http://www.techo-bloc.com/contractors/index.php?p=Gallery&e=view&itemId=17

3. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

went to the site and could not find the "contractor" area you are refering to.

4. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

5. STONE SCAPES

STONE SCAPES LawnSite Member

DVS i have to agree. I see the flaws. Now i'm not saying i'm perfect but this is a international company every pic needs to be the best.:nono:

6. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Atleast the pic on the cover doesn't have any major faults like last years!!

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you seen EP Henry's new catalog? Terrible. It almost mimics techos catalog from last year.

Chris