Techos Rocka Steps

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by LB1234, Jun 17, 2008.

1. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Have to install ten steps and I'm going to be using techos Rocka steps. They are 350# each. Any suggestions for placing them. I thought about an X with a thumb but I'm afraid I'd chip and crack them. Is the best way via pallet fork or have a couple guys lift them into place?

Just curious for some tips...thanks:waving:

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

depending on your skill w/ a mini x will work great, but for just ten it might be easier/ cost effective to do it w/ the men.

3. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

We use a 2" wide towing strap and sling them into place with a mini X. When the strap tightens around the steps, it does not slip like a chain.

It is not worth someone getting a hand crushed to save a $200 rental...not to mention that you will use one less guy.

4. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

we use straps as well.

5. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We moved one with the help of our Dingo today. There are four of us one site so I think if we can get it close enough with the machine we can slide it off the pallet forks onto the prepped base. I also have access to the top side of the slope so I can probablly lower them in as well with the straps.

We will also have a rented mini x so we can probablly do it with that as well.