1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

techy details on lawns

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by hobbsd, Feb 10, 2006.

1. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

I am putting together my Information for making sales calls, as well as for current customers, and I want include some good, detailed information on aerating, herbicides, dethatching, etc... Is there a good source for this information, or perhaps even a place where I can buy pre-made information packets.

Thank YOU

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

What are you wanting to do. Pre packaged would tell them what to do, I do not believe you want to do that.
    Tell them only the benefits of having you do those things.
  3. hobbsd

hobbsd LawnSite Senior Member
    from west wi

Sorry, I didn't clarify.

Yes, I only want to tell them the benifits of the services that we offer. I want to make them see the need (on a technical level) for things that they aren't sure of having us do.

Thank You
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

scotts has some nice stuff on their website, you could copy and past some of it into your own presentation material.... some good stuff on college websites too, ohio state, purdue...
  5. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with dave are small town is one of the few town's in the state that has a college. I like to find info on aerating,dethatching,etc on there website and us this to show people espically if it was printed from a prefesser or from someone's theisis, because it show's 1 it was studied by a professional (professer) 2 it was written by someone following a carer in horticulture etc (gradute student) and 3 a lot of the people i service either went to that college or have a family member that doe's and they like to think it's one of the better center's in the area and they trust there research.
  6. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Just make sure you reference the sites on your pamplet or the persons name of info you are using or that is stealing someone elses research. You need to have someones permission in order to use their research. Or you could read the article and put everything in your own words. Good Luck!!