Tecumseh Sno King=BOOM

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by MOW ED, Nov 21, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am wondering what you gents think. I bought a new toro 8hp snowblower in 1997 (FEB.) It has the Tecumseh Sno King on it. I probably didn't use it more than 15 hours over the past couple years and never commercially. I had a problem with the spark plug threads recently and I spent 35 for a new gasket and head. After installing the head and changing the oil, I didn't start it because I didn't have any gas. Today I filled it up and primed it and started it. Smoke was coming out from somewhere so I shut it off and took all the belt and gear covers off to see if I could find the source. I started it again and let it run after a minute it threw the rod right out of the side of the sleeve. I was on the other side. Did I have a bad engine? Did I screw something up? I just spent 350 for a new motor. I'm waiting to put it in. The warranty on this ran out in Feb 99.

What would you do?

2. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW LawnSite Member

do you have a good relationship with your small engine
    dealer? most times the dealer can go to bat for you with the company rep. i have been involved in this situation before and have seen the factory cover the engine replacement but not the labor. good luck
    dan