Tekonsha P-3 Trailer Brake Controller

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by metro36, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Brand new. I bought it for my F150, installed the mount and never used the controller. I have the box plus everything it came with. I will also include the quick connect harness for a ford with the tow package. Just plug and go. $100 shipped obo.
    http://www.etrailer.com/Brake-Controller/Tekonsha/90195.html

2. metro36

A bit dusty but its all there.

IMG_20120108_152624.jpg

IMG_20120108_152708.jpg

3. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I know you said you installed the mount so is it included? I have a 2004 will the harness fit this year F150?

4. metro36

I removed the mount when I sold the truck. Both the quick detach (one I installed) and permant mount are included. I had it all set to go in my 2004 F150. I just never towed a big trailer do I didnt need the controller. As long as you have to tow package all you have to do is install the mount, connect the harness behind the dash and you will be good to go.

5. metro36

Ttt..........

6. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I sent you a PM

7. metro36

Still have it

8. metro36

ttt...........

9. gardenkeeper88

gardenkeeper88 LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry don't know this particular model but I bought a new good controller for 80 bucks last summer works great. i can find them as little as 60 around here. You might want to say why this is better or it looks like your a little high for what your asking. JMO.

10. metro36

If you click the link, you will see that this is a $140 controller. Then another $15 for the harness. So I am offering everything brand new in box for $55 less. Plus I said I am open to offers.

This controller is one of the nicest you can buy. It has all the functions of a regular controller plus more. It has a LCD display with adjustable brightness, preforms brake system diagnostics (it will tell you if the truck or trailer wiring has a problem) and has different settings that allow you to easily control different sized trailers. Plus this is a proportional controller which applies the trailer brakes in proportion to how fast the truck is slowing down. I used the model below this controller (P-2) in another truck and it was great. I bought this one when I bought my old truck. That truck then had alot of mechanical issues so I bought a new one that came with a built in controller. I never got to use this controller and I don't have a use for it so I am selling it. I can buy a cheap controller for $30 but it cant do what this one will. If someone is interested, they can make what they think is a fair offer and I will consider it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.