Telehandler pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Feb 14, 2014.

1. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Thought I'd share some photos from my long "storm cleanup" big thanks to NEUSWEDE for some advice. After this experience I've purchased a new bucket that will be specifically for mulch (needed on anyway) and occasional any "weather" that may fall.

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5065.jpg

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Looks good. How'd the telehandler do?

I don't think id wanna move to much snow with my 773 and standard bucket.. I was clearing streets in a subdivision and it was real ssslllloooowwww going..
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Don't get this thread locked with those snow pics! :)
    That Cat looks cool against that backdrop.. Kinda lonely guy working thing. I can't imagine having to work in that stuff. It's like 80 degrees here. Monday it was barely above freezing at 3pm. What a difference a few days make.

4. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Neat pics Brandon.

5. BrandonV

It's was all me. 15 hours worth.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. BrandonV

Having never done it I was impressed. Heat worked great, wish the ac had 1/2 that power. The machine pushed and pushed can't complain. I think the telehandler weighing in at 12k likely helped, very sure footed compared to our old articulated unit. The new bucket I've ordered is 8' whereas this one is 84". The deeper sides I think will make the biggest difference.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Cornell

Cornell LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

That's a big retaining wall.

8. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

Are you using the bucket to clean the lot? I hope its smooth as glass! What coupler type do you have on there? If you want a low cost option you should look into a boss skid steer 9' plow for about 2-2500 and add a set of thier wings for another 700 bucks. You get almost 11' wide and trip edge. This is what we use on our rc100 to clean an entire 63 unit cluster home association.

9. aaronmg

aaronmg LawnSite Senior Member

That's a nice looking machine!!! How many inches of snow are you cleaning up there?

10. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

He'd be better off with a basic pusher box. Protech is fine.

Snow buckets are great for moving snow and mulch. Not so much for plowing with.
    Posted via Mobile Device