Telehandler pics

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by BrandonV, Feb 14, 2014.

1. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah bobcat does. Never looked at a cat. I always thought they'd be awesome to own
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

our can use most standard quick attach style implements, won't fit things that have a divider in the attachment plate.

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

How much can it lift? Think it would move 3000 lb pallets?

4. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

Lift capacity is 5500 pounds
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

Brandon glad I could help. since you don't get much snow skip the pusher boxes and plows and get a wide light materials bucket then you can use it for mulch as well. A few people around here run tele handlers and like the stacking ability but say it can't push very much.

6. BrandonV

Mine has solid tires so maybe that helped. It also has a kick down mode that bumps the hp up... Burned through 35 gals in 15 hrs.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BrandonV

here's a photo of the unit picking up a 65" tree we dug.

Brandon Vaughan
    Toms Creek Nursery & Landscaping
    facebook.com/tomscreek
    North Carolina

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4789.jpg

8. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

Looks like you got a nice setup there. I was really interested in Bobcat's v417 but decided to upgrade my Toolcat for now since I have a heavy-lift skid. The European version is even more powerful and refined but the US version seemed like it would do a lot and be comfortable. Another site has a good thread about them.
    I think the teles are a niche machine for me but I know I could find a ton of uses for it like I'm doing with the little Toolcat which doesn't lift much at all but zips me back and forth around the property.
    By the way, you guys have some good looking dirt in NC! :)

9. treemover

treemover LawnSite Senior Member

Does a 90" dig a good 65" ball? what baskets did you use? We run an 80 and 90 then drop to a 44", just sold our 65". It would be nice on occasion to dig a 65" ball

10. BrandonV

i'm not sure what brand baskets they are. It does fine but it's a bit tricky judging how deep to go. If i did many more of that size I'd get some blocks made up.