Telemarketers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Uranus, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Wow! I just got my business line hooked up and 2 days later the phone is ringing off the hook. I really doubt anyone from Arizona is wanting my services. So why would an Arizona and unavailable # be coming up on the caller ID? telemarketers. 12 calls in the past 6 hours. Almost every 45 minutes the same number is coming up and there is a second number calling too. Do business lines get to use the do not call list? Anyone have this problem?

2. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

Did you answer any of the calls and tell them to get lost? Hopefully you can fix that and have more customers calling you than annoying telemarketers.

3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to answer the calls and tell them not to call back, there is no do not call list for business lines for obvious reasons. With receiving calls just 2 days after getting a line activated the calls are probably coming from a company or department that work with your service provider from which they got the number. There is just no way a telemarketing list is that up to date.

4. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

5. Uranus

from Mass

Thank you Just registared. good till 2012 now. Yea right! I hooked up the fax machine for the past few days.

6. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I regestered my fax line as well as the regular line.

7. Flow Control

Don't get mad if a business calls your business line for telemarketing, since it would not matter if you put yourself on the residential do not call list. Different rules apply to a personal telemarketer vs. a business telemarketer. A business telemarketer does not have to reference the do not call list where as a personal telemarketer has to reference the list once a month. The best thing to do is to answer the calls and ask not to be called again. I was wondering about the business do not call list and emailed the donotcall organization and after a 4 week wait they replied that the only regulation on Business Telemarketing is you can not solicit non-durable goods such as cleaning supplies.

To prove my point read the top of the registration form:

REGISTER YOUR HOME OR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER

8. Flow Control

Fax lines are different from regular lines and have a lot of restrictions on them. I am not sure but I believe you are not able to solicit via the fax machine. But if you read other threads you will find Green Industry members soliciting commercial accounts with this method with disregard since they are getting work from it. Just taking the stance that the personal world is separate from the business world. If you have ever solicited work via, flyer's, letters, inserts, door hangers you should understand it is just another company trying to find business in order to survive.

9. Uranus

from Mass

I just called verizon and they said there is nothing they can do except a one time number change. Yea thanks that will just start it all over again. Then I asked about do not call list and she said it takes about 30 days to see results. Tired of some guy wanting to clean my duct work. WTF. How many times in a month do you think I can refinace my mortgage off these calls.