Telemarketing

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MIKE72K, Sep 25, 2008.

1. MIKE72K

MIKE72K LawnSite Member

Do any of you use telemarketing and if so do you do it yourself or use an outside company. If any of you know of a good outside company your input would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. brandtb1

brandtb1 LawnSite Member

I would be afraid to do it by myself since that no call list. I hate telemarketers calling me, so I would not use them. I would outsource it if you do use it and make sure they are responsible for the fine if they call someone on the do not call list.

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

I don't call... I hate it when they call me so I don't call them... when I do call customers and potential customers (estimates) I call before 7:00pm. I don't do any marketing (door-to-door) past 6:00pm. Any time after this and if they show up at my door I get pissed... So I take my own desires with marketing people and apply this to my business... I may not get as many people up front but that is a sacrifice I make... we do 90% of our door-to-door about 12-4/5pm. Calls are made from 5-7, more 6ish. I try to be considerate but effective at the same time...

Never thought of using an outside company... wander what they would cost?

4. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Mike72k
    telemarketing can be a decent way to generate leads and at one time was a fairly simple and lucrative way to reach the masses with a small amount of initial investment. However, since the DNC list was started, something like 6-7 years ago, its effectiveness has decreased drastically. The cost of generating and making the lists have increased too through the list vendors so without a large cash outlay telemarketing is getting harder to make worth the cost. drop me and Private message if you would like to discuss it more.