1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by LakeSide Lawn and Landscape, Feb 1, 2003.

1. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Im thinking on doing some telemarketing has anyone had any succes with this type of advertising?
  2. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd rethink that one since everyone in the country couldn't wait for the "no call" list to be generated and put into effect.
  3. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

Telemarketing can be very effective, we will be doing follow up calls this year with our direct marketing. I have never done it in the past, but have read alot about it. I think it is all in how you do it, I can't stand getting calls from my credit cards because they are trying are so persistant and wont let you go. Make it short and to the point would seem to be the key.
  4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot LawnSite Member

Telemarketing may or may not be effective. I don't use it because I find it annoying when I recieve such calls.
  5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Randy is right on. I find them extremely annoying and I am also on a no-call list. I wouldn't want to be a hippocrit and use a firm when I can't stand that type of advertising.

On the other hand I do know of a few people who do respond to this type of advertising but I still won't do it.
  6. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

don't do telemarketing. Telemarketing is for liars and cheats whos product is so crappy they can't sell it in a store.

Personal letters would be a good way to go. Less invasive than a phone call.
  7. trimmasters

trimmasters LawnSite Senior Member

Telemarketing Built Our Business! It can work great if you have a good plan and is well executed. If you can get ahold of a predictive dialer do that as it will elimanate your time wasted dialing and geting disconected numbers and such. normaly these systems cost anywhare from $15,000 -40,000 but you can lease one for $250 a month from five9.com
  8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Interesting you say that...there is a very good article in lawn & landscape magazine about that. One company in particular tells you what exactly to say in regards to it.

But me personally, I never do cold calling. Before I make a call I have to know something about the personal, whether their interests, hobbies, etc.
  9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would hang up on ya.:mad:
  10. nu83

nu83 LawnSite Member
    from omaha

well I'd say you are the one being rude now. He's politely calling you to offer you his services and you hang up on him. Its not that hard to say no thanks.