Telephone Marketing.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AB Lawn Care, May 25, 2000.

1. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I have been marketing with flyers and business cards now for a while and had a fair deal of responses but,Most where people looking for a cheap price.It also takes alot of time handing out flyers too.This got me thinking about useing an other form of marketing.Telephone marketing has sevral advantages.No cost of flyers,you can do it out of your own home and more.My question is has anyone tryed this form of marketing and how do you do it?How do you introduce yourself or what do you say????Any ideas?<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

2. Nilsson Associates

Nilsson Associates LawnSite Member

Yes, I do telemarketing and use it often because it works.

3. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Nilsson Associates-Thanks for the reply!Could you give me a little more info.Like what to say?What key points to tell the person and so on.Any help would be great!<p>----------<br>from:Adam<br>AB Lawn Care

4. Nilsson Associates

Yes, I'd be happy to but ... I have to check with my people first .. I hired an assistant to help answer posts, I didn't personally make that post so it may be awhile, but I will get back to you in few days, hopefully sooner.<p>Phil Nilsson

5. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Adam,<br>Try and get a hold of a reverse directory (Polk or Cole). It allows you to target streets and neighborhoods, vs. not knowing who you are calling or where they live. Then you can build on an existing route or target an area where people are not cheap.<p>The local library has them for major cities.

6. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Phil, don't you think success is going to your head just a wee bit? Have you got an enterage now? &quot;Have to check with my people...&quot; haha that funny. OH ya and i hate telemarketers ...<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

7. Nilsson Associates

Hi Charles,<br>Telemarketing is the absolute best way to get business in spite of what most customers think about getting calls. TruGreen uses it and has some of the lowest per customer sign up costs around from what I hear. <p>A-1

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

It use to be the best way. The largest % of owners of caller ids is here in the south. When i see tru green on my id or unknown name even though i have blocked callers who have blocked their name and they have found a way around it. I never answer it. I an anyone I have ever talked to hate the intrusion of those unsolicitated calls. I pay for my phone and as far as I know tru green doesnt. I was getting maybe 15 to 20 marketers a day before i wrote to the merchants association. Now i still get 5 or 6 a day<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Charles

9. Nilsson Associates

TruGreen is on TV too. But must say that all forms of advertising are intrusions to some degree. In Las Vegas, even while standing at the urinal, faced forward of course, you're looking at ad! In the ladies room it's on the back of the privacy door.<p>A-1

10. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Why don't you just get a yellow page ad and budget for it, the ad WILL WORK! Picked up $14,000.00 in business so far since last June, more if they continue with my service. I will have around $3600.00 invested when the contract expires. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I hate paying for it but it has paid for itself in increased business. I reduced it this year to a $13.70 per month one liner, we'll see how the next year goes.<p>Homer