1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Telephone pole advertising

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, May 21, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Is it legal in Indianapolis to post telephone pole signs? How many of u guys have done this and is it an effective marketing technique?
  2. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Though, I live in Florida, I think it is tacky. Reserved for yard sales, etc. Not for a professional landscape company.

Just my two cents.

3. green-pa

Yeah, I kinda felt similar to what u said. I saw a few signs here and there from other guys and just wondered if it works. I'd run around 1/2 naked with a sign on my a@@ if I thought I could get enough new customers. Although, I'm not dumb enough to actually try that.
  4. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

think about how many times YOU have bought or used a service that you got from a telephone pole.........

If your like me "0"
  5. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

If you put one in the front as well you might can get away with it. and word of mouth advertising would pick up as well not to mention media coverage.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  6. so cal Josh

so cal Josh LawnSite Member
    from So Cal

A Realtor in Huntington Beach, CA posed in a bikini on a huge billboard about a year ago or so. Radio stations, local tv, etc all covered it. Many didn't like it (probably because she was smokin' hot) but it sure worked! In an interview with KROQ radio's morning show she said she had to hire assistants to keep up with all the new business she rec'd. Brilliant, if you ask me! Maybe a little different than telephone pole advertising but just to illustrate that thinking outside the box a little can really pay off. Bigger risk of backfire too I suppose. Hmmm . . . Maybe I'll start a new diet!
  7. green-pa

Yeah, maybe I'll but it on my back and front and just jog around heavily traveled areas. But then, I'm no marathoner, I may wear out in 30 minutes. But who know what that could do...lol I was initially just kidding but it may not be a bad idea. I've often seen companies put people out on the street in costumes and/or with large signs and they just stand out near the busy innersections. If I could get one weekly customer for every 30-60m I suppose it could be worth it.:clapping: