Tell me how well your truck lettering has worked for you.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ROC lawn and landscapes, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ROC lawn and landscapes

ROC lawn and landscapes LawnSite Member

Im in the process of have a design made for my truck lettering. I am just interested in hearing some of your stories to make me feel better about spending the money on this. Its not a big chunk of change its just that im on a slim budget and Im tryin to do things to get my name out there (very tough by the way:dizzy:).
    I appreciate you all looking!
  2. Georgia Lawn Works LLC

Georgia Lawn Works LLC LawnSite Senior Member

I just put mine on. To me it makes you seem more legit and professional. Do it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

It will pay for itself MANY times over. We had our enclosed trailer lettered soon after purchasing it, about 5 years ago. It has brought us a lot of work and got our name out there. We have folks comment on it all the time.

You will not regret it one bit. :usflag:
  4. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I don't have lettering just the magnets (but I use my personal truck for work, sorry not that professional yet) but I do not think I have received one call from the magnets lol. My trucks is flashy and lifted. My whole truck, trailer and magnets are all color coordinated black white and red though.

All of my business comes from my quality of work. Around here, lettered or magnet signs on trucks are dime a dozen so I know why I have not received any calls based on this. I didn't expect any anyway, I just like the signs just in case.
  5. Mxrider52

Mxrider52 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Do any of you guys run lettering on the side of your truck or the back window without having commercial tags?
  6. Columbia Care

Columbia Care LawnSite Member

I have had signs on my truck for over 2 years. I have only had 1 call from it. Most of my new customers come from my current customers referring me to their friends.
  7. Quix

Quix LawnSite Member

The sign on the back of my trailer landed me a $60 a week account. I am finishing up a large account, phone rings, he asked if I lived there or just took care of the lawn. I told him the house was too big for me, just taking care of it. He gave me his address. I gave him an estimate to which he replied I was too high. Told him for the work I do that would be the cost. Two days later he called and asked when I could start. This led to a $3000 tree job there and other work in the neiborhood. Never leave home without signs, you just never know.

8. LoweJ82

LoweJ82 LawnSite Senior Member

Cant wait to sticker my truck up, Having a hard time coming up with a logo I like.

Have had several ppl stop and get my info because it wasnt on truck, Just wounder how many wanted it but didnt want to bother me while I was working.........
  9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

Mine have paid for itself several times over. Mine has gotten me several weekley accounts to mow, that I have had for a few years. I also make sure my cup holder is full of business cards to hand out to the random passer by.
  10. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I don't have my truck "lettered" but I do have the signs. This thread got me to thinking, its kinda of a toss up. If people actually have to stop and talk to you, there could be a better chance to make a real good impression and win them over. Where as driving by they may scribble down your number and never remember to call. But if they talk to you they'll most likely remember it better. Regardless though, I'll always run signs on my truck(s), just puts you higher on the ladder of professionalism IMO. I'll get my truck(s) lettered evetually, but right now I have other priorities. Image is everything i feel.